Cats will be interviewing William Garretson tonight.
Time: Sunday, Oct.16 at 8pm EST.
There's a "live chat" option on the site, for folks to communicate during the program.
Feel free to comment on the program here as well... before, during, and after!
I'm sure Cat's and Brian will ask some great questions! Visit Cat's at: http://truthontatelabianca.com/
I listened to the radio show this evening, and here's my synopsis:
Cat's and Brian did a fabulous job, but unfortunately, it seems Bill Garretson is a bit incoherent. Beyond being difficult to understand (audibly), he speaks in long "yarns", and seems a tad, shall we say, delusional. Most of the folks in the "chat room" agreed... Bill's account is implausible, if not outright ridiculous at times. Here's a few of the main points:
1) Bill first explains (essentially), that he went to California to avoid being drafted. He then back-pedals, and says "he wanted to see the country he'd be defending... and would have gone to Canada if he was dodging the draft".
2) No Sex with Parent... a "radio sales pitch" ONLY.
3) The phone lines were ALREADY cut when Garretson arrived home!
4) Bill claims no phone calls were placed from his residence that night. (De-bunked by Cats on the spot, by a letter written by Jerry Friedman, who received a call from Steve Parent that night).
5) Bill HEARD "popping noises"... and was angry at Parent... convinced Parent was "throwing firecrackers" OR "making his car backfire". How do you make a car backfire??
6) He was 'writing letters" and HEARD SCREAMS.
7) He put down what he'd been writing, and "peeked out" and SAW "a man straddled over another".
8) He SAW two women running from the main hoouse.
9) Bill HEARD a woman say "stop, I'm already dead".
10) He "peeked" a second time, and HEARD "heavy breathing" and 'whispering" coming towards his front door.
11) He went "back to writing letters".
12) At one point he says he was "up all night"... at another point, he says "he finished his letters and went to sleep".
That about sums it up. Although Cats and Brian did a fabulous job, and it was all quite entertaining, no real information could be taken from this interview. It seems Bill has been victimized by the event, and he's not quite coherent. Substance abuse? Who knows...