Friday, June 24, 2016
Off-Topic: We have to get our heads out of the sand.
New gun laws will make people feel safer, but in reality, they'll do little to curb mass killings. The real problem we're facing as a nation, is terrorism. A small portion of Muslim Immigrants are being radicalized, and until that problem is confronted head-on, this situation will continue.
Gun laws could be moderately effective at preventing domestic "impulse crimes". The problem is, mass killings and terrorist attacks are not "impulse crimes". The perpetrators of these "mass killings" stew over this stuff for weeks... even months. They plan and premeditate these events for long periods.
My point: These quacks have weeks (or even months) to secure a gun... and believe me, they will. But the fact is, they don't even need a gun. The planes used to destroy the twin towers, were hijacked without guns. The Boston Marathon bombers fashioned their own bomb, out of a pressure cooker. If someone is hellbent on killing, they'll find a way. New gun laws might decrease domestic crime by 10% (if we're lucky). The other 90% of this problem, will only be solved by addressing terrorism, and "radical Islam" specifically.
God Bless America. It's the only land, where the enemy is welcomed with open arms. Strict Immigration Laws and background checks for all incoming Muslims, would be much more effective than gun control.
I don't have a problem with background checks for gun purchases. I don't have a problem with laws prohibiting gun sales to individual's on the FBI "no fly list". I don't have a problem with a ban on "assault weapons". Those measures make sense. But if anyone believes those measures (alone) are going to solve the problem of "mass killings" and terrorism in this country, they're extremely naive. The answer to this grave situation, is a two-prong approach. Peace.
Posted by LynyrdSkynyrdBand at 3:06 AM